HAY North America and Design Within Reach are members of the Herman Miller Consumer family.
Are you passionate about furniture, design and trends and want to be part of an international design company? The design brand HAY is looking for a Sales Advisor to join our Portland Studio to generate sales and achieve personal and team sales goals. The Sales Advisor will ensure exceptional customer experience, consistent with the philosophy and values of HAY.
What you'll do:
You'll have opportunities to design, achieve and build relationships every day as you...
- Maximize shop sales and profitability, through creative selling strategies, outstanding customer service, product knowledge, and teamwork; exceed personal and group sales targets.
- Communicate an enthusiasm and passion for the philosophy and values of HAY, our products, and our history.
- Develop product knowledge to promote a top-tier customer experience; become expert on HAY products and innovations, through regular trainings and self-guided study.
- Work together with fellow employees to create a positive, team-oriented atmosphere and a friendly retail environment.
- Engage with customers in a courteous and knowledgeable manner, exceeding customer expectations.
- Prospect for new business by reaching out to new customers, growing existing customers, and developing A&D relationships; build a customer base.
- Address customer needs in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Keep in touch and follow up with interested customers.
- Suggest solutions or items to customers, based on customer needs.
- Process transactions and sales orders according to company policy.
- Communicate constructively and courteously with corporate offices when resolving customer issues.
- Field customer phone inquiries, while providing top-tier customer service.
- Ensure that visual and experiential standards are met at all times, including replenishment of stock.
- Support basic maintenance of the store, including assisting in floor and fixture changes.
- Help coordinate in-shop events.
- Help receive and ship product as necessary.
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities...
- 3-5 years' experience in interiors, furniture, or retail required, preferably for a design-led brand
- Passion for design and other creative pursuits.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to identify customer needs and problem solve, to understand and explain product features and benefits.
- Ability to routinely move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Keen attention to detail and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
As a HAY Sales Advisor, you'll be eligible for DWR's comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.